Friday, July 29, 2005

PETITE CHOSES

Wow.

I got to Petite Choses a few minutes late (the show I was at just before it started and ended a little behind schedule--occupational hazard of the festival) and was stunned and delighted (as a festival insider) and also somewhat sad (as an audience member) to discover that there was a standing-room-only crowd at Rust Belt Books to see Michele Costa's show. At least one audience member confided later that it was the promise of "small puppet nudity" that had brought her out, but I'm sure she was as blown away as everybody else by this minutely detailed performance set to Satie piano pieces.

I haven't seen Michele's work in years, and this was stunning. Reminded me at points of The Triplets of Belleville--not in any overtly derivative way, just a vaguely similar tone of melancholy and gentle wit, delivered with very few words. (And, hey, it's the French thing.)

My crappy cell phone camera (to say nothing of my ineptitude with it) hasn't done justice to any of the shows I've shot with it thus far, least of all this one, but here's an image anyway, just so you get a tiny little taste:

2 comments:

Dave Pape said...

Went to the show tonight. I've added a few photos to the Petites Choses page - infringebuffalo.org/performances/petites.html

Jast Vape said...


This is a website that sells Dog food. Not only can you buy it here, but you can also buy snacks for pets and reward your pet for good behavior. Your pet will be happy to cuddle with you.Not only is there just food for dogs,there are purina dog food to choose from,and you can definitely buy the best and most suitable pet foods for your pet.