Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Real Dream Cabaret's "The Picture"

Hey all - Lynn here with a very quick report on a show I saw yesterday:

"The Picture" presented by the Real Dram Cabaret: it's their interpretation of the book "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde. Admission to the show is your hourly wage and it was well worth every hard-earned cent. I traded an hour of my work for an hour of theirs - I have to say I think they work much harder than I do though and their work is truly so much more enjoyable!

I never did read the book they adapted and now I think I never shall. While it was a rather loose interpretation, I'll still happily consider this show as my Cliff notes. If only all the books on my highschool reading list could've been this much fun! "The Picture" was just so creative and laugh out loud funny...there was some really beautiful singing, dancing, all manner of costume changes, a magic cat, even candy and jello shots...and oh, so much more...

Well, you'll just have to go see for yourself, but do it today - their last show is at 2 pm.

Now I'm off to see The Pamplemousse Explosion at Nietzsche's...

No comments: