Saturday, August 02, 2008

Last 72 hours, backwards

Back to this task, now that my houseguests are gone.
Have been attending stuff throughout, but no blogging for the past few, so it's time to catch up...
JUST came back from the lovely, stately Allendale Theatre where I absorbed AudioOdyssey, Installment 1. This is an auditory travelogue, five independant, studio-recorded pieces intended to place the listener in various landscapes. It is played in a darkened theatre; the listener provides the visuals in their own mind.
I'm no techie, but I don't believe that's required to appreciate the crispness and brilliance of these recordings/mixings by Brian Wantaugh at his Wasteland Studios. So distracted by the above, I stumbled out of the theatre, and stood, completely forgetting where I parked my car. It took a minute to realize it was right in front of me. Which apparently delighted Brian, as he stated he'd achieved his objective if he disoriented his audience.
Experience still available tomorrow, last day of the festival.

No comments: