Monday, July 13, 2009

New event this year!

This year, I've set up a showcase of talented writer's, The Creative Well: Well SPoKen, to read their creative works, both poetry and short stories, to a new crowd at the Festival. We're excited to perform on Sunday July 26th at Gateway Gallery at 8pm and ALSO at Rust Belt Books on Thursday July 30th at 7pm. There will be different writer's featured on different nights so be sure to check us out a couple of times at least! LOL

And check out the FREE haiku bookmarks we are giving away!

So far, the undertaking has been manageable, but there is still a lot to do. Because the show not only features myself but 9 other writer's there is organizing and co-ordinating aspects, besides the usual prep for a show. Communication is key, so I've been doing my best to keep them all informed every step of the way. Also, trying to think about their needs and how to get them prepped so the show runs smoothly. And if I do say so myself, I'm doing a pretty good job so far. You can ask them after the show if they agree. :)

And a little PS for all you readers out there: I'll be participating in Urban Smackdown! at the Albright Knox Gusto at the Gallery on Friday the 31st, so come and check out how I fair against some of Buffalo's Finest Poetic Talent!
~Denise Amodeo Miller

No comments: