Thursday, July 30, 2009

Phó Malpica: The Last White Elephant





I had originally planned to attend several Infringement performances yesterday, but due to my own over- booked schedule, was only able to attend one. And, to be honest, I think it's probably the best "piece" I've seen at Infringement 2009.

It's called, "Phó Malpica: The last White Elephant", and it's taking place every evening, at 10:30, in the alley next to La Tee Da. Every, single evening, rain or shine.

Creator, Angela Lopez, brings to life this story, in a way I have never seen a piece done before. I don't want to spoil it, because it's short, emotional, textured, fresh, and intense. And, it's something you should experience, live. But, I will include some photos I shot, to give you a bit of an 'appetizer'.







2 comments:

Holly S. said...

I,too, LOVED this performance! One of, if not thee best of the Infringement Festival 2009. Wish I could see it again....Incredibly beautiful and moving. So glad I did not miss this.

Holly S. said...

I,too, LOVED this performance! One of, if not thee best of the Infringement Festival 2009. Wish I could see it again....Incredibly beautiful and moving. So glad I did not miss this.